FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EQUIVALENCY CERTIFICATE
- What is Equivalence? The process of determining the equivalent class, field, branch or department of the documents obtained from private education institutions at the international primary and secondary educational level and at the schools opened by embassies in the country and from primary and secondary education institutions in Turkey and abroad is called equivalence.
Equivalence application is made through the e-Equivalence (e-Denklik) module.
Equivalence process is performed through the e-Equivalence (e-Denklik) module in the equivalency centers with the original documents of the person requesting the equivalence.
- How can I make an appointment? Dear student, please use this website to apply for equivalency certificate: https://edenklik.meb.gov.tr/ (Online Application) Fill the form with your personal information, then upload your all documents, after that choose an equivalency center. Later on, choose closest date and hour for your appointment. Lastly, click approve button and complete your application.
- What kind of approval is required for graduation certificates? For graduate students, diploma or document that applicants are entitled to receive a diploma with apostille, in the absence of apostille, approved by the ministry of education, the ministry of foreign affairs or the embassy.
- For which identity documents is the equivalence process issued? It can be made one of the following documents: Identity card, residence permit, temporary protection document, international protection applicant identity document, international protection status holder identity document, stateless person identity document, passport.
- What are the points to be considered in the translation of the education certificates? In the event that there is no specialist in the language of the education document submitted in the institution for which equivalence application is made, the translation must be made by a certified translator and approved by a notary. However, in case that the documents are translated abroad, the same documents must also have approved by Turkey's Foreign Representative in the country concerned.
- Can the application for equivalence be made with the photocopy of the education certificates? The equivalence application can only be made with the originals of the education certificates.
- Is it possible they can make equivalence of those living abroad without going to Turkey? If there is an education counselor/attache in the Turkish Foreign Representative in the country concerned, equivalence can be made without going to Turkey.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
- Application form (download it from the website: edenklik.meb.gov.tr)
- High school diploma (with translation)
- High school transcripts (with translation)
- Student certificate (which is from the Student Affairs)
- A copy of your passport and the page of last entry to Turkey
- A copy of your residency permit (if you have one)
Documents Required for Application
1. Just one of the following documents: Identity card, residence permit, temporary protection document, international protection applicant identity document, international protection status holder identity document, stateless person identity document, passport.
2. Turkish translations certified by a notary public or the Republic of Turkey Foreign Representatives
(In case notary procedures are made abroad, the relevant documents must be approved by the Turkish Consulates.)
For mid-year students;
3. School report, school certificate, or if available, diploma approved by the school for the last year that has been received an education.
4. Diploma or document that applicants are entitled to receive a diploma with apostille, in the absence of apostille, approved by the ministry of education, the ministry of foreign affairs or the embassy.
(These documents must be completely uploaded in a way that approval/seal will appear clear. Otherwise, the equivalence procedures will be canceled during the application. Also, if required, the transcripts of the previous years may be requested from the applicant by the equivalency centers.)
In addition to these, if there are the following situations, they should be added considering;
- Identity card/passport of the mother/father for those under the age of 18,
- Original and approved translation (if necessary) of the parental consent letter, university pre-registration document/student certificate for applicants who are under the age of 18 and will register in the university,
- Original and approved translation of the custody document proofing that the student custody is in the applicant for those whose parents got divorced.
- If there is a change in the surname in the education certificate and identity card/passport due to reasons such as marriage, divorce, the marriage certificate and/or identity register copy must be uploaded.
Lastly, make sure to submit your equivalence certificate to student affairs once you get it.